Monday, May 12, 2008

Rafting and Rock Climbing!


This past week was an adventure sport week for me! Scott, Becky, Nathan and I went rafting at Brazil's best rafting river in the country! We got to go through some cool rapids and up and down some big waves. The weather is a bit cooler now so we all sported some wet suits to keep warm from the cold water. It was a whole lot of fun and we had a great time.


Saturday afternoon I got to go rock climbing with Nathan and Becky as well as a couple of friends. This was my first time climbing and it was a lot of fun. It was definitely a great challenge physically and mentally, but I managed to reach the goal that I had set for myself. I will definitely do it again! I know for sure now that I don't have a fear of heights or water! I really enjoy the adventure sports, and now that i don't live on the flat prairies of Manitoba I will have lots of opportunities to get involved in them more.


Dwayne, Scott, Nathan, Becky and Carol are off to a camp convention for the week. Lidi's parents arrived last night to visit and help out while the men are gone! Jaden is itching to go fishing with Gilmar and the girls are already busy helping and playing with there Brazilian grandparents! Should be a lot of fun this week!

1 Comments:

At May 20, 2008 at 10:40 AM , Blogger tammi said...

Cool! I've always wanted to try rock climbing ~ like, REAL rock climbing, not just a boring ol' wall. The rafting I've actually experienced, though obviously not in MB!! It was a lot of fun, but it was early June and up in the mountains, so that water was DANG COLD!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home